Hometrust ("Hometrust", "we", "our", "us") is an online service that provides users ("you") with recommendations for renovation firms. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are owned and operated by Hometrust Pte Ltd.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly ("personal information").
Personal information includes information you provide us such as your first and last name, telephone number and email addresses, user name and password.
You can choose not to provide this personal information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to fully utilize our platform. For example, only registered members are able to post reviews on our website.
Other information we may choose to collect may also include details such as your IP address, information identifying your device, and website browsing history to the extent that information is about you.
Automatic Collection of Information.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Hometrust. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users. This also helps us to identify potential spams and fake reviews.
If you sign up for a paid feature or service on Hometrust, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely store this information to the supplier of our payment gateway to complete the transaction. Please note that the supplier processes your payment, not Hometrust, unless otherwise specified. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a reservation through Hometrust.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our Website. If you save such payment details on Hometrust, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in Account Settings.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
We collect information via cookies and other similar technologies (such as web beacons). Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. They are stored by your Internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and
remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was
visiting our site. For example, if you register on our site, we may use
cookies to remember your registration information, so you do not need to
log into our site each time you visit. We also may record your password
in a cookie, if you checked the box entitled "Keep me signed in on this
computer unless I sign out." Please note that member IDs, passwords,
and any other account-related data included in such cookies are
encrypted for security purposes.
• To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
How we use your information
Hometrust uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
• for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site;
• to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Hometrust and invitations from the Hometrust community;
• to enable us to publish your reviews
• to respond to your questions and comments;
• to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
• to otherwise customize your experience with Hometrust, including customizing the ads shown to you;
• to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
• to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
• to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Long We Keep Your Information for
We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Hometrust.
• You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below (see "Contact Us"), and we may charge a small fee for providing you with this information.
• We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can also review, add or update the information you have provided to us by visiting your subscriptions page on our Website.
• You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Hometrust account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view.
• You can close your Hometrust account by contacting us. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Hometrust, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Hometrust is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
©2017 Hometrust. All rights reserved.